Families Need Fathers is a registered UK charity which provides information and support to parents, including unmarried parents, of either sex. FNF is chiefly concerned with the problems of maintaining a child's relationship with both parents during and after family breakdown. Founded in 1974, FNF helps thousands of parents every year.
The annual subscription costs less than a few minutes of a solicitor's time, and gives access to a wide range of information and support that is beyond the scope of some lawyers.
What we believe
- Children have a right to a continuing loving relationship with both parents
- Children need to be protected from the harm of losing contact with one parent
- Both parents should be treated equally and shared parenting should be encouraged
- Each parent has a unique contribution to make to their children's development
- The Family Courts should be backed by a nationally funded mediation service
- Litigation is not the preferred route for resolving post separation children's matters
What we do
- We work to increase awareness of the problems of family breakdown
- We produce booklets, leaflets, a website and a regular newsletter
- We hold local self-help branch meetings throughout the UK
- We provide support to members through our internet forums
- We operate a national helpline as a member of the Telephone Helplines Association
- We have a network of volunteer telephone contacts
- We run Parenting Support workshops
- We provide speakers and case studies for the press and media
- We participate in family policy forums and seminars
- We respond to government consultations
- We lobby Parliament and the legal profession
- We collate and promote relevant research information
What do you think?
Send us feedback!